Something New
My first grad school class hasnt even been over for 3 days and Im already missing it. Now that I dont have homework. I dont have anything to do at work. Ugh.
Its beyond frustrating.
Good thing I wont have to worry about this too much longer. I am getting a new job soon... with a Top Secret Clearance and greater promotion potential. And I heard they actually do work there.. so woot woot!!!.
I have mixed feeling about leaving tho. Ive made a pro con list for both agencies:
DHS (current job)
Pro: been here for 4 yrs. I was the only student worker they brought back after budget cuts and after I graduated, they promised me a job and here I am. I do what I want (2 hr lunches, leave early, come in late, etc). no work to do so I have time to complete my schoolwork. Its the norm. In 2 months I will be up for a promotion.
Con: I AM BORED. I do nothing all day. I do the same things now that I did as a student intern. There is no challenge. Im over it.
DOD (new job)
Pro: top secret clearance (i can go anywhere with that), new opportunity, greater growth potential ($$$$)
Con: Having to start over as the rookie (learning the ropes, proving myself, no long lunches etc) cant take my cell phone in my actual office!!! Might have to start my yr over in order to get my promotion.
I mean, I am a loyal person. But I feel like I cant grow here. Its dead. Im basically over it. But I admit, I will miss my freedom.
Im ready for something new..
And continuing on with being ready for new things, I think Im ready to be in a relationship. Key Word: THINK.
I just want to see if I can do it. My friends and family doubt it though. *some support system* HMPH!
We shall see whats to come.







0 comments:
Post a Comment