Moving
We moved.. story of my life.. but this time it was my office that moved.. not mother dear and I.
Besides the fact that the new location was totally out of the way for me, I was pretty thrilled at the fact that I would finally be gettin a FULL CUBE as opposed to the half cube hell I was residing at. Last week, my coworkers and I decided to take a field trip to the new office and check things out. It was definitely nice and the cubes were large and in charge.. I go to the cube that was assigned to be (see floor plan distributed via email) but there is another persons name on it. WTH.
So I inquire with the moving coordinator who informs me that I was looking at an outdated floorplan and shows me the new one. I find my name and it says I am in an office (SWANKY..) no wait.. it says I am SHARING an office with some snotty nose girl named Rachel.... So I go to the office there is only ONE desk and the size of the office is the size of a cube...
Needless to say I was disappointed and a bit pissed off that I was being treated like a second rate citizen. But I got over it... God grant me the serenity to accept the things that I cannot change.... This morning, I was rested and prepared to meet and dislike Rachel. They split the room in two, so our backs are facing each other, my back however is also towards the door so at any moment, a crazed sniper could come in and off me and I wouldnt have a clue cuz I cant see old boy standin in the doorway. Anywho... Hours pass by and no Rachel. Finally around ten she comes in, she introduces herself and I extend my hand as a courtesy. She fumbles through a few drawers and leaves...
A little while later, a guy walks in, tall, dorky lookin guy with a briefcase and beat up dockers. Turns out old Rachel switched offices with this guy. His name is Alex and im not too fond of him. He is LOUD.. like we are in the same room not eeeeven 10 ft from each other and he is talking like we are in a football stadium full of people. He comes equipped with annoying questions and is full or sound effects such as sniffling, rubbing his hands together, clapping, tappin on the desk, crumpling paper etc...
Thankfully he has decided to share his presence with the rest of the floor today and has been out of the office walkin around for most of the day...
So here I am, at my half office.. (guess its a step up from a half cube) and I have no service on my freakin cell phone nor do I have a desk phone... SMH... For lunch I went exploring the neighborhood. I feel so dumb because out new office is near where I went to elementary school and is literally around the corner from a night club I been to soo many times.. things look so different in the daylight. lol.
I will keep you updated on the new diggz...and of course Alex...







0 comments:
Post a Comment